Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tuesday's Forgotten Films: "Teresa" Starring Pier Angeli

This 1951 war drama directed by Fred Zinnemann stars Pier Angeli, John Ericson, Ralph Meeker, and Rod Steiger. Ericson plays an American G.I. based in Italy where he meets and falls in love with the Italian girl played by Angeli. She is truly a war bride as the marriage takes place in her native village. Once the war ends, Ericson returns to his family in New York City. His mother is an overbearing, smothering type who takes over running his life again. Of course, after Angeli finally gets her official clearance to join him, the real trouble begins since Mother doesn't like her son's new bride. I enjoyed the movie though it's not my usual fare. I would have liked to see more of Meeker and Steiger (his debut), but they're roles are fairly minor. James Coburn has an uncredited role, but I missed seeing him. Wikipedia indicates Ericson is still living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.