Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

How I Know Spring Can't Be Far Off

Last week the Blizzard of 2016 (I'm not sure what the next blizzard will be called if there is one in 2016) slammed our region. Fortunately, the milder temperatures this week have melted away a lot of the snowbanks. I'm not one to wish my life away, but I have to say the Washington National pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training two weeks from today signals that spring is coming right along. The first full squad workout is the following week. I follow other professional sports, but baseball was my first favorite sport, so I always give it preferential, special treatment. Of course, I want the Nationals to go all the way to the World Series, but I also realize there'd be no games if all the teams didn't play on the schedule. I sat waiting in my doctor's office, and they had on some TV sports channel rebroadcasting an Orioles game from the 1980s, I think. It was relaxing to watch. Remember the phenomenal Orioles' teams Earl Weaver managed? So, I'll just keep my head down writing and editing on my new projects until the first spring games begin. I usually catch them on the radio while I'm doing something else like blogging as I am now. Let's play two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.