Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Lady Sleuths Are Also Big Mystery Readers

My sister sleuths Isabel and Alma Trumbo who live in the small town of Quiet Anchorage, Virginia, are also big mystery fans and readers. They have a personal library containing all the mysteries they've ever read on its bookshelves. They keep the mysteries in case they ever want to reread one. I don't know how their library is large enough to hold the mysteries they've read since it must run in the thousands, but we're talking about fiction, so I can take a few author liberties for the sake of telling a story.

I include throughout my cozy titles the parts where Isabel and Alma enthusiastically talk about the mysteries they're currently reading. Readers like to discuss their favorite books. Isabel and Alma have pretty wide tastes in their favorite genre, but they tend to stick with female authors from the past and are now deceased. One such author is Dorothy Uhnak. You can click on her name which is a link to the interview I conducted with her a couple of years before her passing away in 2006. Margaret Millar (1915-94) and Dolores Hitchens (1907-73) are two mystery authors Isabel and Alma discuss. I won't mention the other authors here.

I don't include too many book discussions to interfere with Isabel and Alma's sleuthing adventures. After all, they're solving crimes more than they're reading about them. But their book discussions are an extra bit of fun. Isabel and Alma's sleuthing and reading adventures begin with Book #1 in the cozy series, Quiet Anchorage.

Photo credit: Martha Rosler Library. Public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.