Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

My First Paying Job

The start of the warm months remind me of my first regularly paying job. It was a summer job, of course. I worked the grills at our local McDonald's restaurant. It was hot and tiring work, especially when a busload of hungry customers piled into the front lobby. The pay was low, but it was better than nothing, so I loved getting it. We got free food for our break. I consumed lots of fries and Big Macs. I worked the evening shift (4-12, or whatever times I finished up) which also included closing the store. If you have ever worked as a store closer, you know how much stuff that entails. Much of it involved taking inventory and cleaning the equipment. Scraping and cleaning the hot grill was done with pickle juice. I don't remember much else about the actual job. Since I watch my weight due to high cholesterol, I haven't eaten at a McDonald's in many years. I can't say I miss eating the food there, but I'll always very much appreciate the hard work the diligent folks behind the counter do for their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.