Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bear Claws And My Cozy Mystery Series

I've been revising the latest book (Number 6!) in my Isabel & Alma Trumbo Cozy Mystery Series, and I came across a scene where Alma decides to order bear claws, one of her guilty pleasures. What are bear claws? They're a type of Danish pastry shaped like, well, a bear claw. I've seen them out for sale in the pastry section at our local Panera. Bear claws might be also offered in the local bakeries as well as the doughnut shops.  Wikipedia mentions bear claws have almond paste and raisins in them. I'm a big coffee drinker, so they look as if they'd go nicely with a hot cup of joe. Wikipedia also says the term "bear claw" is a regional dialect, maybe from the American South. I wouldn't be surprised if it's used more widely. Have you either eaten or heard of bear claws? My sister sleuth Alma begins eating bear claws in Book #1, [book:Quiet Anchorage|10530870], of the Trumbo sister cozy mystery series. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.