Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Welcome To The Small Town In My New Cozy Mystery Sweet Betsy

The town I set my first cozy mystery series in is a small one located in the rolling, green hills of the Virginia Piedmont. I call it [book:Quiet Anchorage|10530870] which is also the first title in the coy mystery series. I keep a picture of its streets and shops alive in my imagination to draw upon when I'm writing the next title in the series. I don't know if you've grown up in or lived in a small town for any length of time. but it's different than life is in the suburbs and city. I've lived in both places, so I can make the comparisons fairly easily. Quiet Anchorage is a quiet and pleasant town, a nice place to visit and live, if you like. I emphasize the nice things about it, and don't even mention the not-so-nice things. My new title (#5) is [book: Sweet Betsy|26542593], and I had as much fun writing it as I did the early books. The characters grow on me just as much as the town where they all live does. The town drugstore with its marble soda fountain is probably my favorite hangout. So, welcome to the small town in my new cozy mystery. I hope you'll drop by and enjoy your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.