Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Second Cozy Mystery Series

I've spent a great deal of my summer developing a second cozy mystery series as a complement my Isabel and Alma Trumbo Mystery Series. I've set the new cozy series in the D.C. suburbs, and the protagonists are a retired married couple. Of course, Isabel and Alma are senior sisters who like to do their sleuthing in the small town of Quiet Anchorage, Virginia. The contrast of the suburban and small town settings are quite different in some respects while alike in others. The suburban neighborhood is like a small town with its own stores and businesses. The residents in the neighborhoods shop in the places they are familiar with and prefer like just as the townspeople do. At least that's been my thinking while I wrote the first book. Isabel and Alma aren't going away and will be back with a new book next year. Anyway, I like my new protagonists, and I hope my readers will, as well. I'll blog more about my progress and plans as the autumn unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.