Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Tuesday's Overlooked Films: Two O'clock Courage Starring Jane Greer

This 1945 film noir from RKO has a lot more comedy than it does noir. I went ahead and watched it anyway. It's an early film directed by Anthony Mann (The Naked Spur, Western I like very much), plus Bettejane Greer stars in it. She'd later be Jane Greer with Robert Mitchum in Out of the Past which ranks in my Top Ten Films Noir. So, those two reasons alone were enough to intrigue me. Tom Conway stars as an amnesia victim who wisecracking cabbie Ann Rutherford picks up and then helps to unravel why he is caught in a murder. Cabbies, then and now, are so helpful at least in the movies, I suppose. Jane Greer plays a boozy chippie and looks like she's having a lot of fun making the picture. Rutherford and Conway play amateur sleuths tracking down the clues and finally exposing the real killer in a rather conventional whodunit. Still, Two O'clock Courage is a C+ 68-minute movie I enjoyed watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.