Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Is The Handwritten Letter A Relic Of The Past?

I'm afraid so, yes. It has gone the way of the dodo bird and passenger pigeon. I'm sitting here, and I cannot remember the last time I sat down and wrote a handwritten letter, or when I last received such a letter from a sender. Can you? Do the personal notes scribbled on the insides of Christmas cards under the greeting message qualify as handwritten letters? I know I must have packets of handwritten letters I got and saved. They are packed away in a pasteboard box somewhere from our different moves. Back in the early days of the internet, I used to print out my email letters so I would have a permanent record of them. I no longer do that, or else I'd have reams of paper containing the printed out emails. When did you last spot a functional public mailbox? I guess they are still around in the shopping centers and such well-trafficked places. Going down to our mailbox used to be a treat, but now we just receive third class junk mail. But I must say I very much like the ease and convenience of the digital age. I'd hate to return to the days of having only use snail mail. I bet you feel the same way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.