Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stumped For a Blog Topic On a Rainy Saturday Afternoon

Well, folks, I just couldn't conjure up a blog topic I felt like writing a post about. I was stuck. So, I checked back on my first post of the Cracked Rearview Mirror Blog. It went live on December 9, 2010. Since then, I've written 610 blogs, but it sure doesn't seem that many to me. (This was on my Goodreads version of Cracked Rearview Mirror Blog I still maintain.) I try to write a different blog five times a week. Anyway, I ran an informal survey to determine my 5 most favorite blog topics and this is what I found.

1. Film noir. I like the latest first run movies, but since I write crime fiction, I enjoy watching the film noirs on DVD or the public domain pictures streamed online. I'll run a review of one from time to time.

2. Baseball. Washington, D.C. inherited a MLB team from the Montreal Expos. I feel sorry for the fans up there since I was a fan of two expansion teams that left D.C. (now the Twins and Rangers). This topic may heat up for the summer. We'll see.

3. Writing. I'm less inclined to post on this topic since I do it all day. Enough already, you know? Still, I enjoy writing about writing once in a while.

4. Reading. I love my Kindle which has opened a whole new world of ebooks for me. I've got a ton of ebooks waiting for me on my Kindle.

5. Twitter. I got involved late in the twitter thing. I've put out over 15,000 tweets. It's still a mystery to me, but it's been fun. I've met some interesting folks and made some great twitter friends over there.

Here's an informal poll. What blog topics do you enjoy reading the most here? Which ones do you like enough to read more about? Your inputs are useful and appreciated. Thanks for hanging out with me.

Hey, guess what? The sun just peeked out from the overcast sky. How's that for good timing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.