Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Major League Baseball Opens Today in Washington, D.C.

I'm working at home this afternoon with the baseball game on between the Nats and Marlins. Opening day is always fun to watch, or even better to be there at the ballpark. We fans in Washington, D.C. had a long, dry period before a professional club came here. We inherited the Montreal Expos, a fabulous club. The first several years were lean ones, but I still enjoyed the game as a fan. I don't know if the Nats will do the great things predicted and expected of them, but I do know it's a lot of thrills to have baseball to watch. I have four book reviews to finish this week along with my own work, so I probably won't make it downtown to see the game in person. But there will be 164 other games to watch and some of those games will be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.