Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Film Noir Review: The Killer Is Loose



I've seen this short 1956 crime noir film run on TCM a couple of times. Budd Boetticher was the director and the stars included Joseph Cotten, Rhonda Fleming and Wendell Corey. It's a fairly typical film noir fare of the mid-1950s. Corey does a convincing job of playing the well-mannered psycho killer who is bent on revenge by killing the policeman Cotten's pregnant wife who is Fleming. Cotten isn't one of my favorite actors although I did like him in The Third Man. The ending felt a little flat to me, but that's all I'll say about it. Corey is definitely the main attraction with his sometimes sad and sometimes violent side coming to the fore. Not a bad way to spending 75 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.