Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Movie Review: "Mud"

I've been meaning to catch this nifty coming-of-age film for some time, and I wasn't disappointed. MUD is right in my wheelhouse for prime movie watching. My only quibble is the film takes a while to get cranking. But that's okay because the acting in first rate, drawing me into the different characters. Tye Sheridan and Jacob Lofland playing the two teenage boys are good buddies who somehow manage to find a large fishing boat lodged up in a tree. Not only that but the boat is on island. They live on houseboats, a disappearing subculture in the South we find out during the movie. Matthew McConaughey is living on the boat as a fugitive named Mud who is wanted for killing a man who abused his girlfriend played by Reese Witherspoon. He aims to reunite with Reese and escape on his boat. That's all I'll say about the plot. Don't read the Wikipedia entry which gives away the entire plot. Sam Shepard, one of my favorite actors, has a key role, and the always solid Joe Don Baker also makes a couple of appearances. All in all, I had a great time checking out MUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.