Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Company We Keep Starring Robert Redford

We recently watched Robert Redford in the 2012 political thriller The Company We Keep. Redford also directed and used an accomplished veteran cast of characters including a gruff-speaking Nick Nolte, Julie Christie, Susan Sarandon, Sam Elliott, Stanley Tucci, Chris Cooper, and Richard Jenkins. The result is a fairly entertaining film. I'm a big Redford fan, so if he's in the movie, I'm already hooked. There are no opening credits, so I spent part of the movie trying to figure out who the actors/actresses were. I know their faces, but I can't put names to all of them. The pace is pretty snappy, there's some suspense, and the plot is solid enough. Redford is a former member of the Weather Underground, a radical activist group. He's wanted for allegedly having killed a bank guard during the group's heist gone south some thirty years before. I found myself thinking of the recent Boston Marathon bombing which detracted a bit from my enjoyment of watching the film. But there's little on-screen violence or sex, and I got caught up in the story making it worthwhile to have paid money to see The Company We Keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.