Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Are You Getting That Beach Read Feeling Yet?

I don't know why, but there's something extra nice about reading a book outdoors on a sunny, pleasant day. It could be at the beach or the swimming pool. Shady hammocks and screened porches are also great reading places. We have an outdoor concrete patio that I like to take advantage of on such days. Even a park bench with the sounds of other folks also enjoying themselves is fine. I know people like to draw up the summer reading lists of what the novels they want (or hope) to spend time with during their days off. Perhaps our summer reading joys carry over from our childhoods when we checked out armloads of books from the public library. The kids still do it at our library. I've blogged before that Sue Grafton's Alphabet series is one of my favorite summertime reads. I began reading them a few summers ago, and it sort of developed into a June-to-August tradition. Bill Pronzini's Nameless Detective titles also appeal to me during the warmer temperatures. Anyway, that's what struck me this afternoon with a big snowstorm bearing down on us. So, I'm making out my summer reading list before I have to grab my snow shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.