Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another Sign of Spring: the Farmer's Market Opens

The Farmer's Market is set to open for 2013 during the first week in May. The salads we prepare and eat taste so much better from the fresh produce we buy at our market. Of course the lettuces growing in the cooler temperatures will be the one of the first veggies available for sale. You get to know the vendors firsthand, and they sure do remember you, the paying customer, as well. I believe the prices are little steeper than what you'd pay for the same items at the neighborhood grocery stores. So, you might want to check out your nearest one. Our different Farmer's Markets' locations are given online. Writers are told to write about what they know, but I never figured I'd ever use the Farmer's Market as a setting in one of my novels. But when I wrote my crime novel Blood Diamonds, I used a Farmer's Market largely inspired by the one we patronize for the setting to a pivotal scene (where boy meets girl). So, my going to the Farmer's Market provides more than just its good-tasting produce. It's now just a matter of waiting until the time rolls around again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.