Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Ten Favorite Film Musical Scores

I thought it'd be fun today to do something a little different on my blog. I used to compile lots of lists blogs, but then I got away from doing them. Anyway, I listed ten of my favorite musical scores from the films I've watched. I also included the composer with each movie and any comments. Enjoy.

1. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966) Ennio Morricone. I never tire of listening to this one. The spaghetti Westerns are good, too.

2. Psycho (1960) Bernard Herrmann. Yeah, I hear it whenever I'm using a motel shower.

3. Jaws (1975) John Williams. It made beach-going a different experience afterwards.

4. The Pink Panther (1963) Henry Mancini. I never laughed any harder at the movies.

5. The Godfather (1972) Nino Rota. Even if parodied over and over, the film remains watchable.

6. Rocky (1976) Bill Conti. Catchy.

7. Goldfinger (1964) John Barry. Shirley Bassey sang her classic James Bond hit for the 2013 Academy Awards. 

8. The Bridge On The River Kwai (1957) Malcolm Arnold. Whistle along with it.

9. Gone With The Wind (1939) Max Steiner. Remember the intermission halfway through its showing at the cinema?

10. Love Story (1970) Francis Lai. Syrupy but affecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.