Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

What I'm Reading For Fun This Weekend

After a long hiatus, I finally got a break in the action to sit down and read a novel just for the fun of it. And I picked a real winner, I can tell you. The Girl with the Long Green Heart by Lawrence Block is my choice to get the reading-for-fun ball rolling again. Mr. Block writes a seamless type of prose that other authors must envy. This edition from Hard Case Crime is a reprint of the original title with a 1965 copyright date. The story is about a pair of grifters working a real estate scam on a wealthy businessman. The "girl" (remember this is in 1965) is the businessman's secretary who is working on the inside track for the con men. The older grafter is narrating the tale. Fresh out of pulling a hard stretch at San Quentin, so he's got plenty of incentive not to get caught again. I'm about two-thirds finished. We'll see how it all plays out.

NOTE:
If you enjoyed my blog post, please feel free to follow me on twitter or "LIKE" my Facebook Author Fan Page. I appreciate it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.