Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Going Home Again to A Familiar Place Called Quiet Anchorage

Yesterday morning when I went down to start my coffee perking and get breakfast ready, I saw the thermometer reading was "5" degrees. I tapped on the gauge, thinking it was on the fritz again. But, no, the reading was the accurate one. A "polar vortex" had gripped most of the U.S., and it was a deep freeze. My Facebook friends reported in their temperatures as falling in the negative numbers. That was serious cold. I went ahead with my day's activities while keeping an eye on the outdoors. We got by okay enough without any of our pipes freezing. I got to thinking about my cozy mystery series (Quiet Anchorage and The Cashmere Shroud), and my reasons for setting it in the summertime. Things just seem pleasanter (or is it more pleasant?) and nicer when the weather is sunny and mild. The next two titles in my cozy mystery series are also summertime stories. Do you like to read books that are set in a different season than the one when you are reading them in? I do. I just finished reading Stephen King's Joyland which happens during a summer. We're supposed to be turning warmer and thaw out over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.