Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

The Books On My Nightstand Right Now

 I have large nightstand filled with books, of course. I decided to survey what books are currently cluttering up my nightstand. I bought Strunk and White's The Elements of Style while I was in college, and I still have my copy of it. The Triggering Town: Lectures and Essays on Poetry and Writing by Richard Hugo is also a favorite book on writing I read. Hugo, a celebrated poet, also wrote murder mysteries. My wife gave me John Grant's fabulous A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Film Noir: The Essential Reference Guide for Christmas. I enjoy watching film noir and Mr. Grant's opinions are similar to my own, so I'll keep it around closeby. My basic Kindle also shares space with my paper books. Right now I'm reading Charles Williams' fine crime pulp noir Nothing In Her Way on my Kindle. There are a few Sports sections because I fall behind in my reading the columns. At times, I have library books, but there are none this week. I don't know what the reading contents of my nightstand says about me, but it sure is handy to have one next to my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.