Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The New Cover For My Private Eye Frank Johnson Novel Troglodytes


I redid the front cover for my P.I. Frank Johnson title Troglodytes. It is set in Turkey, my only novel set exclusively outside the United States. I spent some time working in Turkey during the early 1990s. I reprinted the review appearing in the Lansing State Journal by Ray Walsh:

Crime, mayhem and murder are the focal points of two recent crime novels that are mostly set in far-off countries. Each is full of intriguing characters and violent action, but differ greatly in their approach.

"Troglodytes," by Ed Lynskey is considerably darker, showcasing private investigator Frank Johnson, who's appeared in two earlier novels.
This classic hardboiled tale in mostly set in Ankara, a bustling city in Turkey.
American diplomat Sylvester Mercedes has vanished from his hotel room. Lois, his prominent socialite wife, hires Johnson to find out what happened to him.
Johnson needs the money to pay the IRS, so he takes the case. He stays in a seedy hotel room and tries to follow minimal leads. As he investigates, possible suspects emerge, including a loudmouth beer salesman and a sleazy hotel manager.
The diligent private eye gets assistance and has unexpected results, leading to a realistic, satisfying conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.