Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Reading the Complete Series in Order

Once in awhile, a reader will start at Book #1 (Pelham Fell Here) of my P.I. Frank Johnson Mystery Series and read each title in subsequent order until the final book (The Zinc Zoo). I've got to love such readers. I guess the appeal is to stick with the one main character they like and follow his or her series of adventures. The readers can see the peaks and the valleys to the main character's life. Views and attitudes change as the main character grows older (perhaps even wiser). I believe Frank is less wild and impulsive than he was in his younger days. When I wrote the series, I decided to try and make each title stand on its own power without readers having to read the other books. The other thing I wanted to do was keep out any spoilers to give away the endings in Frank's other titles. The first reader I know of who enthusiastically read the series (it was a shorter series back then) was on MySpace. After it tanked, I lost track of Helen. So it goes. Meantime Frank and I keep on trucking. His next book is titled AFTER THE BIG NOISE, due out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.