Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

A Look At My Reading List From 2013

The start of a new year marks the point where we do a lot of gazing back at the previous year's event. Our reading lists are also of interest to look at if just to see what in print captured our attention. I mainly track my books read on Goodreads although I also use Shelfari and to a lesser extent, Library Thing. I read 37 books for my leisurely fun, and I read considerably more for my professional reviews. But here I am discussing just the 37 titles. Most of them are fiction, but there are a few nonfiction books, including a biography of Reggie Jackson as well as Robert Mitchum and a book on the making of Hitchcock's famous movie Psycho. I also re-read a couple of YA books I first devoured as a kid which I found to be enjoyable. Surprisingly, I see I didn't read as many Westerns as I would have expected. But then I got to a few of the old pulp writers I really like, including Ed Lacy and John D. MacDonald. Gail Godwin had a nice Southern novel in [book:Flora|16034245], and Michael Connelly's [book:The Black Box|13495034] was quite riveting. The rest of my 2013 book list can found at the Goodreads link:      

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/552730

Happy reading to you and yours throughout 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.