Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

After the All Fireworks Have Been Lit

Last night I stayed up later watching the firework extravaganzas mostly on TV. NYC really does up theirs with gorgeous panoramas of the rivers reflecting the colors. It was impossible to sleep anyway with all the pops and bangs going off in the neighborhood. No problem for me. The cause is worth all the celebrations and festivities. It was good to see Neil Diamond at the Nats' ballgame sing his new patriotic song. The old boy has been at it for a long time, and he still rocks on in his way. Hard to believe he wrote songs like "I'm A Believer" and "Sweet Caroline" all those years ago. So, I was back at it this morning chiseling away at my cozy-in-progress. I've passed the halfway mark, so the first draft is coming right along. Then comes the long revision process. I have a short story that's well along in its revision cycle. But that's for another day. The sun is out for the first time in days, and I'm not going to miss enjoying it. You shouldn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.