Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bob Dylan Still Performing at Age 72

This morning I was reading the local newspaper after my first writing session had been completed. One article that caught my eye was the review of the concert Bob Dylan recently gave here. The singer is 72 now, and still performs. He's taken a lot of flak for his mumbled lyrics and haggard appearances. Was he ever known for his clear and powerful singing voice? He's not Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. I first seriously listened to Mr. Dylan's music when his Blood on the Tracks LP was released. I'd heard his songs like "Blowing in the Wind" and "Rolling Stone" on the radio, of course. But Blood on the Tracks got me started on his music. Over the years, I've enjoyed some of his recorded work, the other stuff was more forgettable. I only hope if and when I reach his age of 72, I can still do what I love to do and write a decent novel. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.