Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

#SampleSunday: TROGLODYTES, a PI Frank Johnson Mystery by Ed Lynskey

Back in the 1990s, my travels took me to Ankara, Turkey twice on business. One weekend we made a side trip to stay in and tour Cappadocia. It is the site of the underground villages and churches the early Christians used for extended sanctuary against their invading enemies.

I got a sardine feeling while I was squeezing through their narrow underground tunnels and caverns. The vivid impressions stuck with me. So, I used Cappadocia to set my fourth P.I. Frank Johnson mystery Troglodytes there. It is my only novel to date that takes place outside the U.S. borders.

Noted mystery fiction critic Ray Walsh reviewing Troglodytes for the Lansing State Journal said: " Fast-paced...strong characterization...Lynskey has created a gritty, violence-packed tale of murder and mayhem...quite entertaining."    

You can read Chapter 1 of Troglodytes online at this link:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/239281-troglodytes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.