Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

My Senior Sleuths Never Leave Home Without Their Dog

The pet food company Purina sponsors a pet adoption program for elgible citizens who are older than 55 years. The deal is Purina will cover the adoption expenses of the pet gotten from a participating animal shelter. You can check their website for the details. I've known older folks who have used the pet adoption program to good affect.

The friendly beagle brought into the lady's home perked her right up, and made her a happier person. I remembered the beagle when I started out writing my cozy mystery series, and the positive impact he had on his new mistress. I debated over whether to include a pet in the series, wondering if it would come off as seeming like a gimmick.

In the end, I  decided to go ahead and give Isabel and Alma a part beagle and part terrier mutt that Isabel names Petey Samson. Of course, he is a rascal and a spoiled one at that. He introduces humorous situations, and he's been a lot of fun to work with in writing my books. While my cozy mystery series really isn't a dog-themed one, readers who are dog owners and dog lovers would probably get a kick out of Petey Samson who is a big part of Isabel and Alma's lives and their sleuthing adventures.

You can sample reading Chapter One of The Cashmere Shroud by following this Goodreads link:http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/341049-the-cashmere-shroud

The e-book is available now with the paperback version to follow on shortly. Thanks and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.