Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Twitter 2.0 For Dummies

Like me. I exaggerate a bit. Recently, I got my 5,300th follower on Twitter. Cue the trumpets. I "tweeted" 16,500 tweets. Maybe I'm not such a neophyte anymore. But quite frankly, I still feel like I don't have a clue about Twitter. Readers like my tweets by "favoring" them. I've gained some readers of my novels and short story collections on Twitter. I've met some nice folks on Twitter. If that counts for progress and success, I guess I'm there. I still don't tweet about religion and politics just like I wouldn't talk about said taboo topics at the office. I like to tweet about film, actors, jazz, books, and writers. I used to tweet about baseball except a lot of unfollows resulted. When my books are released, I tweet about them. I do the #SampleSunday deal where you provide a link back to an online sample chapter. My number of tweets has fallen off because I'm back to writing and revising (many times) short stories again in addition to writing my novels. Anyway, that's my twitter take at this point in time. Further down the road, I'll do another blog post on my further adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.