Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Writing My Novel During the Dog Days of Summer

 Right now one of my ongoing projects is a cozy mystery title in my Isabel and Alma Trumbo Mystery Series. I've set it to take place in the summer because it's the summer right now. It's easy to gaze out the window and picture Isabel and Alma going about their daytime activities. The lazy, hazy summertime is the perfect season of the year to cast such a genre title. I haven't settled on a title yet, so I just call it "my new book" and my inner circle knows what I am talking about. It's been fun going back to writing traditional, play fair with the reader mysteries. My PI Frank Johnson mysteries are that way but with much different cast of characters. That's okay. Frank with his sidekick Gerald Peyton will make his return hopefully by the year's end. But first I have to complete my first draft of this Isabel and Alma title by the summer's end. Once the days get shorter and the weather turns chilly, I'll be in the wrong season to tell the Trumbo sisters' latest tale. Meantime I'll sip my lemonade and keep at the keyboard. Happy reading to you and yours this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.