Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Next Sue Grafton: W IS FOR WASTED

I just saw at Goodreads that Sue Grafton's next title is W is for Wasted due out in September. I usually set aside a week during the summer to read her alphabet mysteries. They just appeal to me as summertime books where I'm a kid again sitting in the shade outside and reading. My books read list here on Goodreads indicates that I've read B, C, E, F, G, K, M, T, and U. There may very well be more titles, since I don't always remember to flag my books as read, and I don't trust my memory to recall any of the other titles. My mother and sister are big fans, and they turned me on to the Grafton titles. I find a lot to like about them. The time period is spot on for me. Kinsey Millhone never ages from book to book. I love that fact. Eternal youth: yes! Plus which, she's a funny, tough, and smart lady, all very likeable traits. I've always enjoyed reading the male private eye books (Lew Archer, Mike Hammer, Philip Marlowe, Sam Spade to name but a few), and I felt ready to add a female operative to my reading list. Happy reading to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.