Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday's Overlooked TV Shows: The Monroes

I enjoyed watching this intelligent Western series on TV back in 1966-7. Michael Anderson Jr. played the oldest brother Clay Monroe and the gorgeous Barbara Hershey was the oldest sister Kathy Monroe. The fresh and interesting premise was the young Monroes (five in all) moved West and set up living in a cabin on their father's stake of land. The link below to the video segment also includes the show's opening with the credits run, and the theme music playing. I remember that part quite vividly. Of course after I'd gotten interested in the storyline and characters, the powers that be at the network TV brass decided to pull the plug on The Monroes, and that was that. I suppose not enough folks tuned in to watch it. Pity. Today forty years later after watching this clip found on YouTube, I can still say that I like viewing The Monroes. You might, too, if you like Westerns.
Click here to see the opening to The Monroes TV Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.