Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Forgotten Films: Who Is The Black Dahlia?

I usually run this blog on Tuesdays, but this week I am pushing to complete the edits on a new cozy mystery in my series. Anyway, this made-for-TV 1975 movie traces the last few days of the 22-year-old aspiring actress Elizabeth Short, the famous 1947 L.A. murder victim popularly known as The Black Dahlia. Efrem Zimbalist, Jr,. and Ronny Cox star as the pair of world-weary L.A. homicide detectives who also do the narration. The attractive Lucie Arnaz plays Elizabeth, and Tom Bosley (always good to see him) is a newspaper reporter working the crime beat. It's a fairly good movie and leaves me wondering just did happen to her after she was last seen by the cabbie outside the hotel when she came out. The movie trivia indicates Lucie's famous mother Lucille Ball objected to her daughter playing the Elizabeth Short role. Efrem was in the F.B.I. TV series I remember liking to watch. I also recall Ronny Cox as playing Drew in the 1972 male adventure film Deliverance with Burt Reynolds and Jon Voight. IMDb.com rates this film 7.2/10.0 which I think is a bit generous. Nonetheless it does get you thinking about the sensational murder all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.