Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Latest Trip to the Secondhand Bookstore

I decided to take a run to our closest (<15 miles, that is) used bookstore and stock up for my autumn to-reads. I have lots of unread e-books on my Kindle, but after staring at the computer screen all day, sometimes I like to flip the paper pages if just for the change of pace. Someday we might not have any used bookstores around, but that day hasn't arrived. Anyway, I picked up four pretty good paperbacks I'm looking forward to reading soon.

#1. Deadly Honeymoon by Lawrence Block. Originally published in 1967 by Dell. Anything from Block earns my interest right off.

#2. Because the Night by James Ellroy. Published in 1984. I've enjoyed his other early cop novels, so I decided to try out this one, too. The Black Dahlia was also available, but for $5, I passed this time. My own writing doesn't earn enough to afford that price.

#3. Midnight Haul by Max Allan Collins. MAC writes some great crime novels, so I decided to give this one published in 1984 a go.

$4. Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 by John Godey. Two movies made of it that I know of spurred my interest to give this book a try. Also, it has the word Pelham in it like my Pelham Fell Here private eye book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.