Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Movie Review: Enough Said Starring James Gandolfini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus

I've noticed the ads and good reviews of the current film Enough Said, so I decided to check it out. I left the cinema feeling like I'd gotten my money's worth, and then some. I guess the best tag to put on Enough Said is to call it a romantic comedy, although most of the laughs come during the first half. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the late James Gandolfini (in one of his final film roles), Toni Collette, Catherine Keener star in it. I've always liked Dreyfus and Gandolfini, so I watched it with a favorable bias. Eve Hewson, Irish singer Bono's daughter, also appears playing Gandolfini's spoiled, college-bound daughter. Check out Dreyfus' ex, and you might recall him as the actor (Toby Huss) who played the Wiz on Seinfeld. Dreyfus plays a masseuse also used in a Seinfeld plot. I liked the chemistry between the middle-aged Dreyfus and Gandolfini, and what a pity for us he won't be around to make other marvelous films like this one. IMDb.com scores Enough Said with a 7.4/10.0 rating which strikes me as fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.