Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Keep a Cat, My Cozy Mystery Sleuths Keep a Dog

Actually I am both. It's just that keeping a cat where we live now is easier than keeping a dog for a pet. Dogs need lots of open spaces to run and work off their energy. Our city enforces a leash law, so that is not really an option. Our cat Frannie is good company during the day, so I am a happy pet owner. One of our neighbors has a bulldog who stops and sits on each street corner during their walks. He waits for a doggie treat before he will budge to continue their walk. It's funny to see because the bulldog never forgets what is due him. He is quite spoiled. When I developed my cozy mystery series, it was a toss-up on whether I'd give my two amateur sleuths Isabel and Alma a cat or a dog for their pet. In the end, decided to go with the dog since he gets them out of the house, and they have the perfect cover to also do a little snooping around their small town. Perhaps further down the line, I'll also bring a cat into the series where Isabel and Alma can have the best of two worlds.

Quiet Anchorage

Click to add Book #1, Quiet Anchorage, to your Goodreads bookshelf.

The Cashmere Shroud

Click to add Book #2, The Cashmere Shroud, to your Goodreads bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.