Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Cozy Mysteries of Anne George

Reviewers and readers of my Isabel and Alma Trumbo Cozy Mystery Series have often it to the cozies written by Anne George. Up until after my first title was published, I'd never heard of or read Anne, so I consulted my local public library.

She wrote the Southern Sisters Mysteries about a pair of unalike 60-something sister sleuths: "the flamboyant Mary Alice and the prim and proper Patricia Anne" (quoted from Anne's terrific fan site containing the information about all her books and biography and maintained by Traci Bell at http://www.annegeorge.com/).

The sisters reside in the colorful small city of Birmingham, Alabama, where I've never been although I did a lot of defense work for the Redstone Arsenal, an Army installation outside of Huntsville. Anne's series ran for eight titles, the last one Murder Boogies with Elvis published in 2001.

Sadly, Anne passed away on March 14, 2001. I checked out Murder Gets A Life and very much enjoyed the vibrant characters and laid back Dixie setting. I liked the blend and balance of the seriousness and humor found in Anne's narrative. I don't know how many reader fans Anne still has out there, but I know she gained a new one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.