Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Status of My 2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge

Goodreads tells me I have read 14 books toward my goal of 15 books. "Awesome, you're 4 books (24%) ahead of schedule!" Now that is something to feel good about on a Monday afternoon. I allowed myself about one leisure read a month because I didn't feel like I could get to more than that. But I have kept up pretty well. Most of my read novels are older titles I have had waiting on my To-Read-Pile, also known as the e-books I keep on my Kindle. I just finished reading Ed Lacy's Strip for Violence, an early pulp novel he wrote after returning home from his service in World War Two. I don't like the misleading title because it is a pretty good private detective story. I've got a couple of Westerns on deck I might start on soon. I hope your reading schedule is humming right along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.