Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Avoiding Black Friday But Not Cyber Monday

The TV news makes a big deal out of Black Friday, and I've seen the intrepid buyers camped out at the locked doors of their favorite stores. They want to be one of the first in line to snap up whatever bargains they can find or have picked out. At first glance, it all seems pretty silly to me. But then I thought of my two-mile daily walk in a big loop, and how that might seem to others. If I don't get to do it, like on a snowy blizzardy day, then I feel cheated. There is a pleasure I derive from walking. Same thing goes for the euphoric shoppers, I'm thinking. Besides, it is always neat to buy and try out new things. For me, it would the latest and greatest e-readers. No matter what I might have that is practical and works fine, it's fun to think how cool it would be to have a spanky brand NEW one. Of course, these bought products are supposed to be gifts, and that introduces another layer of excitement and fun to the shopping experience. The biggest hassle and drawback is so many shoppers there at the same time. Cyber Monday, then, appeals more to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.