Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Keeping Up A Long-Running Web Blog

There comes a time in the shelf life of a blogger's web blog when the topics seem to grow repetitive and stale. I'm not sure if Cracked Rearview Mirror has reached that point or not, but I have given serious thought to the ways I can keep my established blog going strong. My blog, like many others, has a defined scope of interests and topics. As a rule, I don't blog outside of that box. If I want to try something new, I prefer to do it in my fiction writing. For instance, I jumpstarted my short story writing earlier this year. One of my new short stories, "Big Poison." recently appeared in Noir Nation: International Crime Fiction No. 3. I combined several elements in writing "Big Poison," including my fondness of film noir. By the way, my blog now appears on blogger.com and Shelfari, if you happen to use either of those platforms. Perhaps I could adapt my blog as a place to discuss the aspects I'm currently focusing on in my fiction, such as my expanded use of humor. One topic I have refrained from blogging about is sports, primarily baseball and basketball. (The NBA's Wizards lost last night, and MLB's spring training is a long ways off.) I appreciate all of the comments and "Likes" I receive from the readers of my blog. I do my best to respond and also thank everybody. So, my challenge for next year (2014!) will be to sustain and improve the vitality and freshness of Cracked Rearview Mirror.I hope next year at this time I can say that the state of the blog is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.