Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Sister Sleuths Isabel and Alma Trumbo Stick Up For Their Friends

I like to read the type of novels with characters who are loyal friends that always have their friends' backs. It seems to be hard to make, much less keep, friends in the modern world. It might be a cliche to express such sentiments, but I think it still holds true. The crime noirs I write feature sketchy characters who don't easily make friends unless there is something in it for them. But in my cozy mysteries, just the opposite is the case. Isabel and Alma Trumbo, my mature sister amateur sleuths, live in the fictitious small town of Quiet Anchorage, Virginia. They get into all sorts of mischief, but they always have somebody there for them. Just the same way, they are always there for the others in times of trouble. The sisters just do the right thing because that's how they were raised. My hope is my readers like that admirable quality in the sisters' makeup and find them to be "likeable protagonists." They have their share of personal flaws and warts, sure, but their overall nature is a good-hearted one. Be looking for a new title published next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.