Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

RIP: Film Noir Star Audrey Totter

I sadly heard film noir star Audrey Totter has passed away at the very respectable age of 95. I loved watching her in "The Set-Up" with Robert Ryan who played a washed up boxer. She is reluctant stay with him because he won't quit his dangerous sport. She has to decide if she walks out on him or sticks with him. I recently saw her as the femme fatale in "Alias Nick Beal" where Ray Milland plays the devil buying a man's soul. The acting work eventually dried up for her. "What could I play?" she said in an interview. "A nice grandmother? Boring! Critics always said I acted best with a gun in my hand." Her obit run in the LA Times is at this link: http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-passings-20131214,0,7065147.story#ixzz2nTKh1MDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.