Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Which Books That Were Christmas Gifts Do You Remember?

I was idly thinking about this topic while out running errands this morning. I had to pick up our grapefruits sold by the Lions Club who do their great community service work. Anyway, getting back to the books. The earliest mystery novel I ever enjoyed was Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators inThe Mystery of the Talking Skull by Robert Arthur. It was a Christmas gift from my parents. I thought the junkyard where the boy-sleuths met was a cool place to hang out. I'm not sure why a junkyard would have appealed to me, but it did. I believe the title was one in a series. The Happy Hollisters by Jerry West was another book that has stuck in my mind. The Deer Stalker by Zane Grey was another early book I have a vivid memory of reading. My pleasure to read Western genre books has carried over to my adulthood. American History books gave me lots of pleasure, but I can't remember any of the specific titles. Now we have the Kindles and such to store and display our books, and gift cards to redeem and download our favorite books. I hope you find satisfying reads over the holidays to get you started on the 2014 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.