Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

What Terrific Reads Did You Get for Christmas?

It's no big secret I like watching film noir. The movies give me a break from my writing projects. Imagine, then, my delight to open the Christmas wrapping on A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Film Noir: The Essential Reference Guide This is the whopper of a book my wife gave me for Christmas. It clocks in at almost 800 pages and must weigh at least a ton. Talk about reader bliss. Between its covers are all kinds of goodies about film noir, including the writers like Cornell Woolrich whose fiction was adapted for many of the flicks. I've been reading the various entries, and the author and I have similar reactions and tastes, a good thing. I've only run across one error, also a good thing. I'm not an expert or critic on the genre, but just another fan and admirer. There is something fun about viewing them. I'll post future blogs about this big book and how reading it adds to my movie-watching pleasure. I hope your holidays are also shaping up with interesting reads and hours of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.