Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Books That Linger In Your Mind Even Decades Later

Those are the type of novels that I want to write! LOL. Well, if there's no way to know if I ever will write them, I can certainly read the type of novels that make a big impression on me. Of course, time will only tell if they will stick in my brain. Maybe the best way to find the memorable books I've ever read is to go back to when I was a kid just coming of reading age. But then it seems just about every book I read from those days left its mark on me. For one thing, I hadn't read very many titles, much less the difficult "adult" ones. I can recall my reading a Roy Rogers tie-in adventure book. If I reread it now, I'd find it to be another corny and simplistic cowboy tale. At any rate, it converted me into a fan of Westerns. Books standing out for me are the rare ones that cause me to cry, laugh, and shake my head in disbelief much like watching a first-rate film at the cinema. All of the emotions are engaged. That is a cool exerience. I better get back to my trying to write the memorable book. Meantime happy reading throughout your holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.