Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Walking: The Right Daily Exercise For Me

Today I woke up to a rainy, cold, and raw day outdoors, and I still haven't gotten suited up to knock out my daily long walk. Or perhaps my 2.1 miles isn't all that long. My cousin told me over the holidays she now logs in hoofing 4 (!) miles per day. Anyway, getting back to the inclement weather, I may have to scratch today's outing at pounding the pavement. We'll have to see. Speaking of pounding the pavement, I pass by a few regular joggers. I tried taking up their sport (jogging), but I found it wrecked my knees, so I stopped it. I wasn't keen on getting a knee or hip replacement any time soon. I've heard of the popular Fitbit® activity and sleep wristbands. It keeps track of your steps taken and your calories burned during the day, and at night records your sleep quality. They intrigue me. However, at the moment, I don't move around enough outside of my walks to have any significant data worth tracking. Sometimes while I'm out and about, I'll think of writerly ideas. So, I figured out how to activate the voice recorder on my cell phone, and it has worked out nicely for me. I'm still waiting to be inspired to write my NYT bestselling novel. Until then, I'll just keep on trucking, as they like to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.