Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

About My Continuting A New Cozy Mystery Series

I write a new cozy mystery series featuring a pair of senior sisters, Isabel and Alma Trumbo, residing in the small Virginia hamlet of Quiet Anchorage, which only exists in my imagination. I already have one series going, the hardboiled P.I. Frank Johnson titles, the newest titled AFTER THE BIG NOISE due out later this year. I like Isabel and Alma because they are based, in part, on my real life aunts now long since departed. They don't curse or drink or get into bar brawls like Frank sometimes does. They just sleuth away and solve murders in their own idiosyncratic but effective way. Their books are the traditional fair play with the reader mysteries, so the usual clues and red herrings are included. I've been planning the future entries in the series, a sort of road map of where Isabel and Alma are headed next. At this point, I have no idea how many books there will be. My P.I. Frank Johnson series spans seven titles, counting this year's release and the short story collection. One thing I have learned about a series is that as an author, I have to really like the protagonist(s). That and the stories have to be fun to write. Otherwise the product quality suffers. So I hope you'll try an Isabel & Alma Trumbo mystery and stay along for the ride with them, and me. Thanks and continued happy reading, everybody.

Quiet Anchorage

Click to add Quiet Anchorage to your Goodreads book shelf!

The Cashmere Shroud

Click to add The Cashmere Shroud to your Goodread book shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.