Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Meet the NEW Snoop Sisters

The Snoop sisters were a short-lived TV mystery program that ran as part of the NBC Wednesday Mystery Movies during 1973-74. I have a vague memory of the show and, maybe I watched it a time or two. This video clip shows Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick as the two elderly sisters, Ernesta Snoop and Gwendolyn Snoop Nicholson. Check out the books, including Chandler's Phillip Marlowe titles, panned over in the opening credits. Jill Clayburgh and Paulette Goddard (her last performance) appear in the clip. I also see Art Carney guest stars. That's good enough reason right there to watch it. Here is a link to the YouTube streamed version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGhXPRaZ50k

The sisters idea is similat to my cozy mystery series featuring my two senior snoops, Isabel and Alma Trump. They are based on my late aunts who lived in a small town. They were born there, moved away to work at better jobs, and then moved back after their retirement. Keeping the interplay between Isabel and Alma interesting and fresh is important. Readers and reviewers have said they enjoy the characters, and I believe that is one big reason why. Humor and charm are the qualities I'm aiming for while delivering an entertaining story in my cozy mystery series. Give them and their capers a try, if you like.

Book #1: Quiet Anchorage

Books #2: The Cashmere Shroud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.