Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Readers I Saw In The Doctor's Waiting Room

Recently I had to spend about an hour in a doctor's waiting room, and while I sat there, I noticed what my fellow waiters did to pass the time. I wasn't very heartened to observe only three readers among us (four if I include myself). Or at least the folks who had brought books along to read. The others may have been reading from their smart phones, although I tend to doubt if they were. Their age group was probably 50+ years old. One guy was reading a James Michener novel. The second fellow was reading a Nelson DeMille thriller. The third guy was reading a book I couldn't get a clear sightline to see its title. I didn't notice any Kindle e-readers, probably because men don't have a convenient way to carry them. At any rate, my informal poll probably isn't representative of the number of readers out there. Or I hope that is the case. I went back to reading my book, and it was a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.