Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Why the Skies Are Usually Blue in My Cozy Mystery Series


I've written five titles (two published) in my Isabel and Alma Trumbo Cozy Mystery Series, and the weather is an important aspect to be considered. I like the summer, and I like for there to be tons of sun. I picture my small town of Quiet Anchorage, Virginia, bathed in its brightest possible light. That makes my writing more fun to do.

The rain will come but only as a passing shower. Cloudy days simply can't fall on the days when Isabel and Alma are out running their sleuthing activities. They never have to carry an umbrella or wear a raincoat. Only the blue skies will prevail. So, I save the rainy and chilly days for setting the weather in my hardboiled private eye novels or my stand alone crime noirs.

Of course, the radiant sun beaming down on Quiet Anchorage is deceptively placid since there is a cold-blooded murderer moving and living among the townfolks. Isabel and Alma have to look behind the small town's sleepy facade and follow the right clues to expose whodunit. If you are also partial to blue skies, you can follow them.

My new cozy mystery featuring Isabel and Alma can be found by clicking on this Goodreads link.
The Cashmere Shroud The Cashmere Shroud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.