Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Things You Can't Buy Anymore: Topps Batman Trading Cards (1966)

This image taken from the wikimedia page shows the Batman cards I remember from when I was a small kid. I don't recall this specific card, but I had a bunch like it. They were probably bought from a five-and-dime store. I know the baseball cards were sold like that. The Batman cards must have hit the market about the same time the TV show with Adam West as the Caped Crusader was such a big hit. I always thought he made the best Batman actor. I liked his droll wit and less-than-serious beating up the bad guys like the Penguin or Mr. Freeze. In fact, everybody playing in the Batman TV series looked as if they were having a high old time. Who wouldn't have? But getting back to the trading cards and their fate. I have no idea where mine ended up. Probably in the local landfill. I don't remember trading them for anything. But Batman was just a passing phase, and by the next season other bigger and better things were on television for our viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.